Welcome to the 38 Watch.
+ Reply to Thread

ME3 & Day One DLC

I don't really see much of a difference between that and Reckoning's Day One DLC. I actually really enjoyed both the House of Valor for Reckoning and From Ashes for ME3.
    Last edited by Kurik Lein; 03-11-2012 at 02:28 PM.
    The founders and former staff of 38 Studios forever the first heroes of Amalur.

Join 38 Watch A Kingdoms of Amalur Community & The Kingdoms of Amalur Community Steam Group

Quote Originally Posted by Kurik Lein View Post
    I don't really see much of a difference between that and Reckoning's Day One DLC. I actually really enjoyed both the House of Valor for Reckoning and From Ashes for ME3.
    I'm in the exact same boat. You can call us a minority as it's a pretty big s*** storm in the gaming community over this =\

I also had zero problems with having day one DLC in the game. Zero....the shitstorm you describe Bozz has me completely mystified.
    /who
    [40 Nightblade] Garmr (Varani) <First Watch> - Reckoning

The shitstorm is basically about the DLC not being DLC, but content altered out of the game files that is still on the disk. The whole point of DLC is it being content made after the disk is put together, whereas buying said dlc here was just altering that one line of code to make the character access-able.

Honestly, I don't care much about the whole issue as I don't purchase many things from EA anymore.

^ Pretty much. Plus it was made worse when Bioware got caught outright lying about it. I think if they had just done the ME2 thing and given it to people for free there wouldn't be such a controversy.

Well, the DLC is actually still 570 megabytes worth of download. That's a decent amount.

I'd rather have them keep the core framework of the character on the disc to make the DLC stream less and least buggy as possible.

For the DLC character they did a GREAT job. I mean, it's nothing like Zaeed from ME2 he honestly feels like a full fledged character who interacts after every big main story mission as well as random conversations with other crew members. Then there's a whole bunch of stuff to read from Liara on him.

I'm extremely happy with the DLC.

Quote Originally Posted by RingX55 View Post
    Well, the DLC is actually still 570 megabytes worth of download. That's a decent amount.

I'd rather have them keep the core framework of the character on the disc to make the DLC stream less and least buggy as possible.

For the DLC character they did a GREAT job. I mean, it's nothing like Zaeed from ME2 he honestly feels like a full fledged character who interacts after every big main story mission as well as random conversations with other crew members. Then there's a whole bunch of stuff to read from Liara on him.

I'm extremely happy with the DLC.
    This ... I love walking into his room and hearing him chatting with a squadmate over coms. They are really cool conversations. I loved reading the stuff on liaras console as well (although my game bugged out after a certain point and stopped saving the messages once I read them so I could never go back to them). I hated him as a companion, I felt he was lackluster compared to liara/garrus (who I used for the whole game minus the missions you were forced to use a specific one or a few I used edi for cool flavor text)